Zen of Lifting II

When I think
or let go of thinking
in those quiet moments
when the world is in synch

I know
that death
is the re-assimilation
of my electrons and energies
into the life around me,
the meaning of
going in one’s sleep.
I can feel
the peace of expanding
into eternity.

When I lift
and box,
my body contracts
from within and without,
hardened and hot
in the focus of work.
I can feel
I am a whole individual
forcing against space around me.
I can feel I am alive.

And afterward,
with more music than words
in my head,
and body rising and falling
with the swell of my lungs
and thrum of my heart,
there is a sweet twilight
where I can touch
everyone
and be everywhere
and close my eyes
and fly

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Glad to be connected to ya, buddy!

The Mighty Kat said...

Thanks Bobby! very much likewise~

Cupcake Man said...

thrum is a great word. did you make that up? If I were you I'd take full credit.

The Mighty Kat said...

It's an old word, English I think, one of my faves!