home run everyone can cheer

You know the story... It brought tears to my eyes! Take that "attitude is everything."

Good commentary CWU softball players show compassion beyond sportsmanship by George Vecsey of the New York Times (nevermind he had to bring gender into it - bloggers are a'bashing).

Excerpt:
""Mallory didn't know it was my first home run," said Tucholsky, whose college career will end with a .153 batting average and exactly one home run. "It just says a lot about them."

Tucholsky was too immobile to join the handshake line at the end of the game Saturday, but her family has been in touch with Holtman, photographs have been exchanged, the two teams are wrapped in a bond of good feeling we can only wish did not seem so singular, so remarkable."

Central Washington's Liz Wallace, left, and Mallory Holtman carry Sara Tucholsky after the Western Oregon player hurt her knee on a home run. AP Photo

2 comments:

Bobby said...

That's awesome.

In soccer, when somebody gets hurt, even if it's somebody on the other team, you kick the ball out of bounds to stop play, so that the injured person can be attended to.

###

In other, nonrelated news. I couldn't help but notice that you're not on Twitter yet. You know, Twitter. Twitter. You gotta get on Twitter. You're not already on Twitter and just haven't told me yet are you? So what I'm talkin about here is Twitter. So are you sold on Twitter yet? I gave up smokin crack for Twitter.

The Mighty Kat said...

That's awesome about soccer. I didn't know that. I hear in professional football, if you get hurt on the field, the other team kills you.

# #

Twitter pusher. I see people get worked up about. But no, I really don't know what it is yet. My fault. Must look into it. I guess. ?