100 pounds will always be 100 pounds

From Lauren Kott's article Life Lessons from Lifting, published in in Milo about nine years ago. I got it from a reflective article by Chip Conrad on the Bodytribe blog.

To me, lifting has been meditation, salvation, and sanctuary. When I have been able to count on very little else in my life, the weights have been there. They are a constant in a life full of variables. Yesterday, today and next year, one hundred pounds will always be one hundred pounds. How that weight feels to me might be different over time. But the weights themselves are steadfast and abiding.

There is so much fight a lifter must possess that naturally translates into the rest of your life. I call it "lifting from your soul." At times there is something more than sheer bodily strength that drives the weight up.


No comments: