my statement

If I get hit by a truck tomorrow and die, this is who I am... I am The Mighty Kat. I choose the weightroom for my fight. I pursue the personal glory of strength, and steel my spirit out of the intensity I can only reach by defying gravity with weight. And if I am not the best, I am legitimate, and I cannot stop pushing hard for more.



I do not do this because I am paid to do it.
I work in order to support it.

I do not do this because others before me in my family have done it.
I am the first.

I do not do this because someone said I should try it.
I sought it out.

I do not do this because I happened onto the resources.
I built my gym from nothing.

I do not do this because it is my natural talent.
I possess many different talents.

I do not do this because it is popular.
Most people are not aware of it.

I do not do this because I think I will turn pro.
That would never have been an option for me.

I do not do this because I am told to do it.
I direct myself.

I do not do this to impress others.
This is my private life.


So why then? The truth is, I do not know exactly why I do it, but I do know it is who I am. This is what I do. This is me in my most natural state.

And the world is a better place because of it.


No comments: