Quickest full body lift

Since we're in the triple digits, the last thing my body wants to do is work out. So I've nailed down the quickest combination of lifts for a full body work out, to do in a few minutes on the fly. This combo will hit all muscle groups and works well as a circuit.

- Pull-ups
- Chest press
- Shoulder raise
- Squats

Works for me; adjust to your own druthers. I'm not including Olympic lifts, ideal as they are for multijoint work, because this is a quick and dirty lift, without warm-up, short on rest times, and light on load.

Details:
Pull-ups - alternate grips
Chest press - bands in a hurry
Shoulder raise - bands, definately - vary body angles for lateral and rear
Squats - Easy for me to say; I have a squat rack constantly loaded and ready to go. Any form would work, tho - dumbbells, bands, etc.

3 comments:

kara said...

How can I do pull-ups at home?
Any alternative moves?

The Mighty Kat said...

You can get a doorway bar pretty cheap. If pull-ups are totally out of the question, do some kind of pulldown - rig up some bands.

kara said...

Thanks - I use the chin-up machine at the gym - will look into a door bar. A conversation piece for the bedroom doorway. lol