Blogging Off

As the nature of activity on the Internet has changed, so has my usage. I have posted on this blog less and less, to the point that I have decided to officially suspend it indefinitely. Like a lot of other folks I know, most of my activity has gone into social media. I also plain old don't put as much stuff out on the Internet as I did when the world of independent cyberpublishing was new. I find myself putting most of my creative energies into living in "real life" instead of discussion boards and the Blogosphere. Ironically, as a widely published writer, over the last few years, I have increasingly turned to writing privately rather than publicly. Perhaps some of this will amount to public product; perhaps not. It's part of not only our cultural evolution in communication and technology, but also a balance against the saturated public spheres of informational and creative content, and finally, it's simply me evolving as a person as well. I like the idea that I have been working on a writing project for the past few years with no idea whether I will ever do anything publicly with it; it feels more genuine and pure that way. There are many shades of creative, artistic, and writing production. Let the many fine folks who are writing publicly at the moment keep the information highways paved and marked. I'll leave my public stuff up so it's accessible, and post now and then, but I'm going to follow the road which is calling to me now, all dirt and grass and peacefully less traveled. Thank you, all who have taken the time to read or view my stuff. I'm still around and will respond to comments.

No comments: