Olympic lifting progress

For the last three weekends, I have set and broken personal best records on the clean & jerk (which I refer to as World Records). There are a few things I contribute this to -

  1. Using a well-trained and responsive spotter, my DH. I hand the bar off to him when I'm done, saving my worn shoulder joints the grind of lowering and dropping the bar. This really reduced my shoulder wear and tear, and saves my energy for the actual lift. I can also trust him to save me, so I can push hard.
  2. Shortened my warm-up considerably and moved right into my max weight; once the max was maxxed and new record set, I take my time on drop-lifts (like dropsets) while concentrating on form.
  3. Thursdays I do jumping plyometrics to increase my explosion from the bottom of the lift, the crux of the lift.
  4. Started using my Walk-fit orthodic inserts in my lifting shoes. They set the body on the heel, right where you need to be.
Things are going well! Some shots from today.


6 comments:

Chazter said...

Big CONGRATULATIONS on your PR.

Very Cool! Keep it up!

The Mighty Kat said...

Thanks Chuck!!! How cool of you!
:-)

Was wondering if you did Hood to Coast...

Chazter said...

You are welcome Kat!

Nope never did Hood to Coast...What is it?

The Mighty Kat said...

aren't you in portland? from your team blog I thought you were. Big portland race.

Chazter said...

Portland would be nice...but unfortunately I live in smack dab of Central USA...Springfield, Illinois. The Land of Lincoln...where corn grows taller than our tallest buildings - LOL

The Mighty Kat said...

ah! I didn't realize you're a midwestern exotic!