cost of working out cont: climbing

My esteemed friend &dru posted his list of climbing expenses in response to my list of lifting expenses. I think it deserves its own post. Anyone compiling such a list of expenses is welcome to submit it to me for posting. This seems like a valuable project to me.

Thanks &dru. I'd love to post a pic with this, if you'd like to share one. I like that one setting off your back muscles so well, you know the one?

Climbing expenses over a 5 year period:

Shoes:
Boreal Diablos, $60
Boreal Zen, $90
La Sportiva Focus, $145
Five Ten Anasazi, $110
Five Ten Ascents, $120
Five Ten Zlippers, $50
La Sportiva Testerosa, $105
MadRock Flash (2 pairs), $65 per
MadRock Hookers (2 pairs), $65 per
MadRock Mugen, $80
Montrail Cruisers, $80

2 Harnesses, $50
2 Ropes, $220
Belay devices, $60
Chalk, $120 (estimate)
2 Crashpads, $280
12 quick draws, $110
3 Chalk bag, $15

Hangboard, $200 (including mounting)

Gym membership, ~$325 per year

2 comments:

Cupcake Man said...

you seem a fascinating lady - poetess-warrior, asskicker-litterata

:-)

I've never climbed a rock wall but yeah I'm open to the world

Cupcake Man said...

ps I linked you - we can be friends now