training with bag o' tire chains

When my husband brought home a bag of tire chains, I saw it had this great handle, and perfect weight, and just the right amount of cumbersomeness...Oh man! This is so much fun!

Went to the farm supply store then to find sandbags. They didn't have any (go figure). I just overheard my husband explaining to the 50-something guy working there that "my wife...working out with my tire chains..." And I would've gone over, but the guy was looking at him alarmed, like he was a true crazy person, so I just stayed out of it...

4 comments:

Petr said...

Funny :o) I have similar experiences but from the other side, my wife asking for sledgehammer and explaining 'my husband needs it for conditioning' :o)

The Mighty Kat said...

Suh-wheet! LOL

Anonymous said...

I see bags of feed in your future. Perhaps a job in the feed store?

:)

Jen said...

Kat, sandbags and the like are awesome. Try this with your bag of chains. Grip the bag it's self not the handle. Try the same movement that way. It will work your grip strength but it will also give you more control.
As for sandbags I got mine at a Ranger supply store. They were $2 each. I've filled them with everything from sand to crushed rocks. Then place then in this $20 gym bag and smash the heck out of them! My new fav are crescent tosses.